In this article, I will introduce you a search module for Joomla 3 & 4.
The special thing is that the search results are returned from Google, so the accuracy and speed are extremely high.
After downloading the module, install it through the Joomla installer.
Next, go to Module Manager > New > JMP Search
There are 2 required parameters that need to be filled in to use this module: GCS CX and API Key.
How to get GCS CX
- Go to https://cse.google.com/all
- Select your search engine or Create one and go into that
- You can find the CX id titled as "Search engine ID"
How to get API key
- Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/projectcreate and create a project
- Visit https://developers.google.com/custom-search/v1/introduction
- Click the button "Get a key"
- Select your project and copy your API key
After filling in the necessary parameters, publish the Module to start using it.
Share the article if you find it useful!