Sometimes you have an important page that you don't want every visitor to your site to have access to. The first thing that comes to mind is to make this page accessible only to members, but then you realize that you don't want all your members to have access to this page. Just a few members. So you need an extra level of security on that page. That extra level of security means protecting the site with a "password".
This extension will help you to password protect a Joomla article.
* This extension works for Joomla 3 and 4.
Installation & Usage
1) Login to Joomla Admin > Go to installation page > Install downloaded package.
2) Go to the Manage Plugins section > Content - Article Password > Enable it.
3) Go to Content Management > Select the article you want to protect > Switch to the "Password" tab to set a password. There are 3 parameters:
- Password hint
- Re-enter the password when: User session expires | Each time
4) Save the post to complete the password setup process.